The main purpose is to provide accurate and timely financial information to assist the Thromde Administration in the management of the scarce and limited financial resources. It is also to report on the financial status of the Thromde on the utilization of funds.
To ensure that the Thromde’s financial resources (grants and revenue) are properly managed and utilized and to fulfill the requirements laid down in the Public Finance Act 2007, Financial Rules and Regulations 2001, the Local Government Act of Bhutan 2009, and the Thromde Finance Policy.
- Assist the Thromde Administration in budgeting, planning and maintaining proper accounts for the various developmental activities.
- Co-ordinate and monitor implementation of financial transaction through proper maintenance of financial records.
- Review annual approved budgets periodically.
- Ensure that remittances have been deposited into the proper government accounts.
- Implement the financial rules and regulations and guide counterparts and assistants in prompt and efficient performance of their tasks.
- Verify and compile monthly accounts and other financial reports.
- Ensure timely deposit of statutory deductions and loans on behalf of the employees.
- Inspect periodically of accounting units to sort out accounting related problems.
- Process/recheck Last Pay Certificate and Gratuity cases after thorough review.
- Timely payment of suppliers/contractors invoices.
- Timely payments to staff in respect of payroll and PF.
- Account other sponsored projects/deposit works.
- Recommend procurement process based on availability of the budget.
- Verify availability of travel budget on the TA Form prior to actual travel.
- Any other task assigned by superiors.